Sunday, July 09, 2006

Most of All....

Above all else, I'm grateful for the Internet - it has kept me sane over the past 9 years. Thank God I was online when my mother's illness really manifested, with some graphics and webdesign skills already in the making. I can't imagine what would have happened otherwise. Bow out and take off? With a houseful of furniture, 3 dogs, 5 cats, several goats, a horse and 5 ducks - and nowhere to put them? Not that easy either with no job and nothing in the bank. That's another story too....

The Internet does two things for me. When my mom's demands have tightened ever and ever closer round my neck, and my options for running an offline business have been chopped off one by one, I can still reach out and make contact with other normal people round the world. That's what helps preserve my own entity and sense of worth - without it I could not have survived. I wish every caregiver in a situation like mine could have it. Secondly, I can see the net holds the key to my financial future, once my mother moves on. And I desperately need that key.
- - -
Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

No comments: