Monday, July 10, 2006

The Bottom Line

I know without a shadow of a doubt that if I owned this place and had absolutely nothing to lose by putting my mom into care, I would not have done a single thing differently from what I have done so far. In fact if I did own the place she and my father worked so hard to develop, for some strange reason it would probably be harder for me to even consider putting her into care.

My real worries lie in the future. The completely, totally and always uncertain future. I am haunted by those elderly permanent residents I see in our hospital and rest home, placed in special padded, reclining chairs and fed with spoons. Many people around me don't know how I carry on now. My fear is how I will carry on under those conditions.
- - -
Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

No comments: