Friday, July 07, 2006

What This Blog is About

I feel guilty writing about my mom's Alzheimers condition, and it has taken me a few years to come to this. But I need to do it for myself, and maybe for others out there too. This Blog is not about "What is Alzheimers Disease and What can be Done About It?" With over 45 million pages on the subject out there on the net, anyone with eyes and a brain can bone up on that. Nor am I coming from "What Options are there for Alzheimers Care?" With over 33 million pages the same applies - and your options may be different from mine anyway.

I am looking at what a really close connection with an Alzhemers sufferer means for the person most intimately involved - not someone who has put their relative "into care" and for whatever reason has opted out of any real connection with the daily drama. It is only THERE - IN THAT DAILY DRAMA - that the truth starts to bite, only there that one is forced to come to terms with the full reality of what has happened, what is happening, and what may yet happen.
- - -
Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

No comments: