Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Carer

I need to say from the outset that I hope this blog will be of help to someone, somewhere.

I have looked after my mother in various stages of Alzheimers for over 9 years now. I am her only relative living in New Zealand. I have no husband, lover, sibling, or any other form of personal, caring support.

There are times when I have felt totally alone in this world and times when I have cursed myself uphill and down dale for getting into this situation.

This blog is going to be a frank exposé of my struggles and feelings on the whole topic of Alzheimers and caring. I hope it will help someone else in the same situation as I am in, even if only to the extent of feeling that they are most certainly not alone in this mad Alzheimers Carer's world.
- - -
Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

No comments: