Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Back Home

When I got Kath home I soon found out how much she had lost during that week. It was now very hard to get her walking with the frame and I had some awful struggles getting her to the bathroom. Our District Nurse (who also did part-time at the hospital) confirmed my suspicions. "I told them what they were doing would make things hard for you," she said. Kath also seemed to be losing her appetite, which wasn't like her and it had me worried.

While she was away I'd bought a secondhand Lazyboy chair because I'd heard she enjoyed the one at Kawakawa, so when our District Nurse called on the Wednesday, she was sitting there in all her glory. So far so good - the toe was pronounced satisfactory.

But when the nurse came back on the Friday (16th February) she shook her head. "This doesn't look good to me." she said. "It looks like gangrene."

- - -
Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Gail Rae said...

A day or two ago I clicked into the Reverse Gangrene website from your page and was surprised to note that, aside from offering products for order, it also included the particulars how to modify one's diet. I'm so sorry that Reverse Gangrene, as you say, "wasn't to be" for your mother, but it is generous of you to offer the link.

junglequeen said...

I think the diet information on that site is really important for all of us, actually - and I'm including it in some new material I'm adding to Health News.