Friday, August 18, 2006

New Skin Test for Alzheimers

This morning a friend left a URL for me on IM and I think it's something I should just flag here.

It seems a new skin test has been developed that can detect Alzheimers disease in its earliest stages when it's most treatable. I don't know about anyone else reading this but I have to say I definitely do not want to go through this disease twice in a lifetime - the once that I am dealing with now is most certainly enough for me!

I also know from people I talk to sometimes in the real world that folks who have Alzheimers in their family are becoming very fearful for their own futures. If this test really is working, it could be a help to very many lives.

Click HERE for the article. The Editor's Note directly underneath the article itself has some interesting further links to helpful information worth checking out.
- - -
Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

No comments: