Friday, March 20, 2009

Moments in Time 2

Here is another frozen moment - my mom (on the right) and my dad's twin sister Ena, sitting together on a wall, somewhere - probably before my mom and dad got married. Her pose is almost identical to another striking pic I have of her sitting on a wall in London, which I have misplaced (I hope temporarily).


It's great getting these photos out and looking at them again - it's almost as if time doesn't exist - and it's a great way to bridge those years that in many ways I'd rather forget.

My dear neighbour's wife is suffering from dementia and sometimes when I see her she reminds me of Kath - and like Kath she has her bad days and her good days. I think it's much harder for a man to cope with this stuff than for a woman, so I visit often and let him get it off his chest to me.

I went in a couple of hours ago after doing some shopping, and he is coming over tomorrow to help me change the belt on my waterpump. I think a bit of time away does him good, and I am and have always been eternally grateful for the help he has given me over the years.

- - -
Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

No comments: